Railways of the World: The Card Game
has been nominated for and received many awards since
its release at Origins in 2010.
- About.com 2010 Reader’s Choice Award for: Best Family
Game & Top 10 Card Games of 2010
- 2010 Golden Geek Award Nominee: Best Card Game
- Dice Tower’s Top 10 for 2010
- Games Magazine: Best Family Strategy Game Nominee
- 37th Origins Awards: Best Card Game Nominee
Now there is an Expansion
for this fast paced card game
adaptation of the highly popular Railways of the World
board game series.
Players use track cards and city cards to build a series of
railroad routes and deliver goods. As the game progresses,
players work to connect more cities, upgrade their engines
and deliver goods through a network of routes.
The Expansion creates new mechanics and additional
bonus scoring options for the base game by adding:
- Tunnels to connect existing cities giving access to
cubes and impacting city control.
- Switchers to allow track color to change during
building thus allowing connection to a new color city.
- Grey Cities to provide additional goods for deliveries.
- Barons to provide additional bonus scoring options.